On Wed, 29 Aug 2018, David Lang wrote:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018, Ivan via rsyslog wrote:

Hello Everyone,
Today, I've spent a few hours for learning how to configuring rsyslog.
The goal is to read from /var/log/message and if a specific string which contains *some text* was added than send this full string to *remote host* via UDP protocol. I've tried to add different combination of following to /etc/rsyslog.conf, but haven't succeeded: :msg, contains, "some text", action(type=msg target="host" port="1514" protocol="udp")

where did you find type=msg in the docs?

type would be "omfwd" it's saying what module you are using.

I'm using rhel 7.4 if it's important.
I would appreciate if someone could give an example of right code.
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Ivan