Hi All

I am having an issue with Rsyslog and it driving my up the wall.
I have a few hosts that don't send logging that is correctly formatted ( it
changes depending on the error they generate , sigh )

I have the following config

 /etc/rsyslog.conf:
$MaxMessageSize 32k

$ModLoad imuxsock.so # provides support for local system logging (e.g. via
logger command)
$ModLoad imjournal      # provides access to the systemd journal
$WorkDirectory /var/lib/rsyslog
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat
$OmitLocalLogging on
$IMJournalStateFile imjournal.state
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf

/etc/rsyslog.d/1-rules.conf:

$ModLoad imtcp
$ModLoad imudp

if $fromhost-ip  == 'XXXXXX' then {
    action(type="omfile" file="/var/log/host1/test.log")
}

/etc/rsyslog.d/98-rules.conf:
$ModLoad imtcp
$ModLoad imudp

# Server logs
$template Server,"/user_data3//syslog/server/%HOSTNAME%/%$NOW%-syslog.log"
$RuleSet server
*.* ?Server

$InputTCPServerBindRuleset server
$InputUDPServerBindRuleset server
$UDPServerRun 514
$InputTCPServerRun 5514

On my test host i send the following

 echo -n " test12434 sdcsd sdcvdscds sdfds  " | nc -4u -w1 syslogserver
514

but no mater what i do the messages alawys go to
/user_data3//syslog/server/%HOSTNAME%/%$NOW%-syslog.log", seems like it is
hitting 98-rules.conf

any suggestions

Thanks

--