As part of the linux system roles project, there has recently been activity in the area of a role for a system log collector.  Notably, there has been a recent contribution of an rsyslog role: https://github.com/linux-system-roles/logging/tree/master/roles/rsyslog - the work is based on the https://github.com/debops/debops/tree/master/ansible/roles/debops.rsyslog rsyslog role but with the debian/ubuntu-isms (e.g. apt/dpkg) replaced with RHEL/Fedora/CentOS -isms (e.g. yum/rpm, different config defaults, system paths, etc.)

Our focus so far has been on the use cases for OpenShift Origin, oVirt, and
RHEL/Fedora/CentOS, with use cases for OpenStack and Foreman not far behind.