The queue only applies to the next action (this is why the new syntax was created, the old syntax was too confusing)

so if syslog1 blocks, it will queue to memory and up to 1G on disk, while it is queueing everything else will continue to log

but if syslog2 blocks, all processing will be blocked

if you want a single queue for both of them, you would put them in a ruleset and put the queue on the ruleset.

This is incredibly confusing to try and do (if it's even possible) with the old syntax, but very straightforward with the new syntax.

David Lang