On Wed, 17 Oct 2018, wuhe wrote:

Hi :
    want to check how to get the original IP address after forward twice in a
relay chain?
    like in this chain, how can the "Log Server" get the IP address (not hostname ) of
"Client A/B/C"
    {Client A, Client B, Client C} ----> {Relay Server} ----> {Log Server}
    (udp is used for forward)

using the standard syslog format you cannot do so because the relays do no pass that information on.

What I do is I repackage the message as JSON so that I can add additional metadata

on the relay:

set $!msg=$msg;
set $!trusted!orig!ip = $fromhost-ip;

etc (I also have the relays store the timestamp of when they processed the log, which relay processed it, parse the message, and do other cleanups)

then define a forwarding format that has %$!% instead of $msg in it.

then on the log server, you can extract the metadata or the original message