I'm trying to bump this thread - just tried upgrading again to 8.11905.0-2 and after about 10 minutes, all logging stops. No indication of any errors. Restarting rsyslog brings things back, but then 10 minutes later again, everything stops.
This is happening on two separate EL6 boxes. Rolling back to 8.1904.0-1 restores all functionality. -----Original Message----- From: rsyslog <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Heaton, Tobias via rsyslog Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 2:07 PM To: [email protected] Cc: Heaton, Tobias <[email protected]> Subject: [rsyslog] 8.1905.0 Logging Stops I have two EL6 hosts running rsyslog, one of which writes log files to disk while the other writes to a MySQL database. I upgraded each host to 8.1905.0 Friday, 2019-05-30 and since that time, logging on both systems seems to stop for no apparent reason. I don't see any error messages. Restarting rsyslog on each host restores functionality for 45-60 minutes, then it stops logging again. I have rolled back to 8.1904.0 and haven't seen this behavior repeat. Is there a potential problem with 8.1905.0? The rsyslog configs on each EL host haven't changed since the upgrade Friday, nor have any other packages been installed/uninstalled. _______________________________________________ rsyslog mailing list https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.adiscon.net_mailman_listinfo_rsyslog&d=DwICAg&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=Gev2oD_cwBaLsgGrQ_lnBXqGXR9EUvddO5r7UxzqP5s&m=69LNvD0eBSW_bd9n5hRj31IPXxnM93WteRS1aO85B5Y&s=2q-GoaOF6VeslY-8UgQExfBrLbo0ZaXisN9i5cDINbM&e= http://www.rsyslog.com/professional-services/ What's up with rsyslog? Follow https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_rgerhards&d=DwICAg&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=Gev2oD_cwBaLsgGrQ_lnBXqGXR9EUvddO5r7UxzqP5s&m=69LNvD0eBSW_bd9n5hRj31IPXxnM93WteRS1aO85B5Y&s=U7eRJEj9cb1xwPtzTjtpJjVSEk0l54In0HgVbTdb_6M&e= NOTE WELL: This is a PUBLIC mailing list, posts are ARCHIVED by a myriad of sites beyond our control. PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE and DO NOT POST if you DON'T LIKE THAT. _______________________________________________ rsyslog mailing list http://lists.adiscon.net/mailman/listinfo/rsyslog http://www.rsyslog.com/professional-services/ What's up with rsyslog? Follow https://twitter.com/rgerhards NOTE WELL: This is a PUBLIC mailing list, posts are ARCHIVED by a myriad of sites beyond our control. PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE and DO NOT POST if you DON'T LIKE THAT.

