I've been following the thread at 
https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues/3686.

I upgraded rsyslog on my RHEL6 host and after about 20 minutes, logging again 
stops.

Has the aforementioned patch not yet been released for RedHat/yum?

-----Original Message-----
From: Heaton, Tobias 
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:05 PM
To: Rainer Gerhards <[email protected]>
Cc: Michael Biebl <[email protected]>; rsyslog-users <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] 8.1905.0 Logging Stops

Looking at the aforementioned link, my config is considerably simpler. I did 
read about the suggested bump to the devel release, but given our syslog server 
is production I hesitate to continue testing and risk further loss of data. 

> On Jun 12, 2019, at 6:49 AM, Rainer Gerhards <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Caution - External Email;;;
> 
> ********************************************************************************************************************************************
> FYI: I guess this thread here is a duplicate of
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_rsyslog_rsyslog_issues_3686&d=DwIFaQ&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=Gev2oD_cwBaLsgGrQ_lnBXqGXR9EUvddO5r7UxzqP5s&m=S3Rb53yyV69wLOmt0FRCSHHGXxB8GD7vZAdnCB7qtYo&s=kstKSKXQNf__Rvz2xQVW5tWJfOyx-yNejVXfraa7SxY&e=
>  
> 
> Knowing the full config would be useful. Can be created via
> 
> $ rsyslogd -f /etc/rsyslog.conf -o /tmp/full_rsyslog_conf
> 
> where -f should point to the main config file and the file pointed to
> by -o contains the full config. Post the latter.
> 
> Rainer
> 
> El mié., 12 jun. 2019 a las 10:48, Rainer Gerhards
> (<[email protected]>) escribió:
>> 
>>> El mar., 11 jun. 2019 a las 20:16, Michael Biebl (<[email protected]>) 
>>> escribió:
>>> If the problem is reliably reproducible (which seems to be on affected
>>> systems), maybe a git bisect would actually be the quickest way to
>>> find the commit causing this.
>> 
>> Good point!
>> 
>> @tobias: can you build from source?
>> 
>> If not, we could work with git bisect and custom packages, but that
>> looks very time-consuming.
>> 
>> Rainer
_______________________________________________
rsyslog mailing list
http://lists.adiscon.net/mailman/listinfo/rsyslog
http://www.rsyslog.com/professional-services/
What's up with rsyslog? Follow https://twitter.com/rgerhards
NOTE WELL: This is a PUBLIC mailing list, posts are ARCHIVED by a myriad of 
sites beyond our control. PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE and DO NOT POST if you DON'T LIKE 
THAT.

Reply via email to