Hi All,

I am using a centralised rsyslog server of version 8.24.0-34.el7 configured
on a RHEL 7.7 OS, presently I had around  1600-1800 clients to which my
rsyslog server was listening to , now I plan to scale the number of clients
by an addition 6000 nodes , I want to know whether my rsyslog server will
be able to support the new number of scaled up nodes or not, like how many
connections can a rsyslog server support , also one client established 4
connections with my server ?  Here is an extract from my server’s
configuration file:

*#### MODULES ####*

*# The imjournal module bellow is now used as a message source instead of
imuxsock.*

*$ModLoad imuxsock # provides support for local system logging (e.g. via
logger command)*

*$ModLoad imjournal # provides access to the systemd journal*

*#$ModLoad imklog # reads kernel messages (the same are read from journald)*

*#$ModLoad immark  # provides --MARK-- message capability*

*# Provides UDP syslog reception*

*$ModLoad imudp*

*$UDPServerRun 514*

*# Provides TCP syslog reception*

*$ModLoad imtcp*

*$InputTCPMaxSessions 2048*

*$InputTCPServerRun 11514*

*#### GLOBAL DIRECTIVES ####*

*# Where to place auxiliary files*

*$WorkDirectory /var/lib/rsyslog*

*# Use default timestamp format*

*$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat*

*# File syncing capability is disabled by default. This feature is usually
not required,*

*# not useful and an extreme performance hit*

*#$ActionFileEnableSync on*

*# Include all config files in /etc/rsyslog.d/*

*$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf*

*# Turn off message reception via local log socket;*

*# local messages are retrieved through imjournal now.*

*$OmitLocalLogging on*

*# File to store the position in the journal*

*$IMJournalStateFile imjournal.state*

*#### RULES ####*

**.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;auth.none;kern.none;local7.none
@@dummy_siem:514*

*authpriv.*    @@dummy_siem:514*

*auth.*        @@dummy_siem:514*

*kern.*        @@dummy_siem:514*

*mail.*        @@dummy_siem:514*

*cron.*        @@dummy_siem:514*

*local7.*      @@dummy_siem:514*

*:fromhost-ip, !isequal, "127.0.0.1"  ~*

*# Log all kernel messages to the console.*

*# Logging much else clutters up the screen.*

*#kern.*                                                 /dev/console*

*# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.*

*# Don't log private authentication messages!*

**.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages*

*# The authpriv file has restricted access.*

*authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure*

*# Log all the mail messages in one place.*

*mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog*

*# Log cron stuff*

*cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron*

*# Everybody gets emergency messages*

**.emerg                                                 :omusrmsg:**

*# Save news errors of level crit and higher in a special file.*

*uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler*

*# Save boot messages also to boot.log*

*local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log*

*auth.*        /var/log/audit/audit.log*

*# ### begin forwarding rule ###*

*# The statement between the begin ... end define a SINGLE forwarding*

*# rule. They belong together, do NOT split them. If you create multiple*

*# forwarding rules, duplicate the whole block!*

*# Remote Logging (we use TCP for reliable delivery)*

*#*

*# An on-disk queue is created for this action. If the remote host is*

*# down, messages are spooled to disk and sent when it is up again.*

*$ActionQueueFileName fwdRule1 # unique name prefix for spool files*

*$ActionQueueMaxDiskSpace 1g   # 1gb space limit (use as much as possible)*

*$ActionQueueSaveOnShutdown on # save messages to disk on shutdown*

*$ActionQueueType LinkedList   # run asynchronously*

*$ActionResumeRetryCount -1    # infinite retries if host is down*

*# remote host is: name/ip:port, e.g. 192.168.0.1:514
<http://192.168.0.1:514>, port optional*

*#*.* @@remote-host:514*

*# ### end of the forwarding rule ###*

*$FileCreateMode 0640*