Thanks for the demo site Joshua.

So far I'm impressed with 3.6.0, "simple search" will do a lot to appease the masses ("waaaaah, searching is too hard, so I'll keep creating new tickets to ask about old tickets"). I was hoping that it would include a feature to change ticket history sorting (ascending/descending) as an individual preference (e.g. showing newest transactions at the top, patch: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ReverseHistoryOrder). This would be especially useful for long tickets. This was a very important feature for me when my pages were loading slowly on old hardware (e.g. 2 minutes when there are a lot of transactions), but now that I'm running RT on real server hardware and those especially long pages just take a few seconds. I do realize of course that I can apply the patch ("waaaah, how come the feature I want isn't in the main build"...).

But I can see that "click-sorting" can be done for lists of tickets which is really great.

Regarding the new layout:
* Losing the left nav-bar is a great choice.
* The rounded top "nav-bars" look good.
* The Ticket metadata seems to take up a lot more space now, especially if you have a lot of custom fields. I like the older style smaller fonts better. If you are viewing on a laptop screen, that would be 2 page-downs before you got to the transactions. * There seems to be larger whitespace between sections Also there appears to be extra "border" area on the outside edges of the different boxes. Both of those are wastes of space IMHO. * Could everything above the top "nav-bar" (logo, search, new ticket in, logged in as) be moved to the same level as the top nav-bar somehow, or just be the width 1 a nav-bar? * Would people be able to choose a 3.4.x "classic" layout just by changing the stylesheet? It might be nice to have a "large-font" and "small-font" style-sheet option. * I agree with other folks that all of the "white space" makes it "too bright", thus adding eye-strain. Perhaps a more muted color, like the one used in wikipedia's style sheet, for empty space would help (or just having less white space).

Thanks for all the hard work!

--
Mike Patterson
Systems Manager