Steve Waltner wrote:
I would like to create a Shared Search on RT 3.4.4 which queries for tickets that "I" resolved during the last month. The problem is I can't figure out how to tell the search engine to query for "me" based on who is currently logged into the web interface. I'm very new to using RT, so I probably have simply overlooked something simple.

I currently have the following as my Saved Search, which works fine for myself....

Owner = 'swaltner'
AND Status = 'resolved'
AND Resolved < 'Today'
AND Resolved > '-35 Days'

The problem comes when I save this into the shared searches with our other group members. jdoe doesn't want to search for tickets that swaltner owned, they are interested in tickets that are owned by jdoe. Granted each user can load the shared search, update it with their name, and save it into their personal saved searches, but that isn't convenient and doesn't make sure that everyone is using the same queries.

Hopefully there is a keyword like "myself" (similar to "today" for the date searches) that would help here. I've looked through the mailing list archives and on the Wiki, but don't seem to find anything useful there. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media.Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

We're hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical: http://bestpractical.com/about/jobs.html

Steve,

Don't think so. I think RT was designed to give flexibility but the cost is a little work like saving a query with a different search name to make it specific. You might be able to create a scrip that has a variable the searcher fills in and then runs but, that takes work and RT won't do it for you outright. Gotta spend some to get some.

Kenn