Mike Taht wrote:

2) Still, it was fetching all those files on every request, and arguably the only one that ever changes is the main web page.

Is there a better way to do this?

Still using 3.4.x, but we've modified the local/html/NoAuth directory so that the content does not need to be parsed by a mason (e.g., the css files), and then added:

Alias /NoAuth/ /data/rt/local/html/NoAuth/
<Directory /data/rt/local/html/res>
    AllowOverride None
    order deny,allow
    allow from all
</Directory>

before the rest of the RT directives. Thus apache is handling the content directly rather than letting Mason unnecessarily use CPU, IO, and bandwidth.

Joby Walker
C&C SSG, University of Washington