On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 10:11:24PM -0400, Alan Clegg wrote:
> Due to the ability to anonymously post to the RT Wiki, it is being overrun by
> Chinese spam (assumed bots).
>
> I would like to recommend that the RT Wiki be changed to only allow registered
> (confirmed via e-mail) users to edit.

That is, unfortunately, not so easy with Kwiki. We're in the process of
figuring out how to deal reasonably.

> I've corrected a large number (10-15?) pages by going back in the history and
> using that as the "base" for a new edit, bringing back the content prior to
> the spamination...  There are pages, however, on which the content seems to
> be completely gone...

Many of those pages never had content. They were previously just
dangling links.  We've actually got an administrative UI that makes it
relatively easy to clean up spammers. If you're not too burned out from
your already-heroic efforts, I'd be happy to hand you a key to the admin
UI that lets you properly erase the spam (with just a couple clicks)

Best,
Jesse