On Sep 17, 2006, at 5:49 AM, Mathew Snyder wrote:

There was one reply to my question but there weren't any details on how
it was done or if it was actually what I was looking for.

I have a custom field that details customer profile names. Recently, a profile name has changed and we need the change in RT to be retroactive to any ticket created under the previous profile. Can I do this within
RT or will I need to run a mass update on the database?

For the most history-preserving way to do this, I'd probably do a bulk-update of all tickets with one value to remove the old value and add the new one.