On Dec 19, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Vivek Khera wrote:

I was just updating the FreeBSD port to rt 3.6.2 and finally got around to digging into why there are funky file permissions on the etc files. For some reason they are all set to 0500 permissions, but not a single file there needs to be executable... Shouldn't they get 0400 instead? Also, I'd like to suggest that the config files be chgrp'd to the WEB_GROUP group to ensure that the http server can read them. Otherwise RT fails to run.

Also, the config files themselves don't need to be 0550 mode, but 0440.