On 1/28/07, Dirk Pape <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Jesse,

--Am 27. Januar 2007 03:36:24 -0500 schrieb Jesse Vincent
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I haven't seen it. It _does_ look like htat query is qgetting built
> wrong.  I wonder if changing the search to be Watcher = rather than what
> it is now would make it all better.

you are right. Switching to Watcher instead of ( Requestor, Cc, AdminCc )
helps.

But I had the same problem with users that build queries with the search
form, that behave bad in the same manner.

Why is this search so badly translated into SQL?
Because it's not easy to write down complete translator. Just think about:
Requestor = X
Requestor != X
Requestor IS [NOT] NULL
Requestor = X AND Requestor = Y
Requestor = X OR Requestor = Y
Requestor = X AND Requestor != Y
That's not that easy to build query with minimal number of joins and
get rid of left joins where it's possible.

I have an idea how to do it, but that may require complete rework of
ticketsql subsystem.

Dirk.

Best regards, Ruslan.