On Feb 8, 2007, at 1:02 AM, Mathew Snyder wrote:

Shredder doesn't like when an email address contains either a single- or double-qoute. Understandably so considering this messes with Perl and makes it look for a closing, matching mark. This makes me wonder if it is possible to

I don't think it is "understandably so". It is clearly a bug in shredder... but without seeing the error, I can't comment further on what the problem might be.

strip these out of the email *before* it gets inserted as the username/email address. Doing so would allow me to perform automated user shreds rather than
run my script manually everynight.

This assumes you get no legitimate email addresses with these characters. These characters are legal in the local part of an email address (at least the apostrophe is, not 100% sure on the double-quote.)