If that's all that's required, then the check_http plug-in provided by Nagios will do the trick. There's an option to check the html for the presence of a text specific string (maybe "Search/Results.rdf" - you'll only get this string after successfully logging in). Saves you the trouble of writing your own monitoring script, but only if you are already using Nagios.

-Khai