Rui,

It could be a lot of things. For example, you could have a loooong list
of requestors and RT is trying to notify ALL of them. Could be you have
a lot of watchers and a scrip that notify's them on everything. It takes
any application much longer to perform I/O with other systems (like
mailgate, etc.) than it does for it's own internal workings. I'd look at
the permissions you have set up and the watchers/scrips.

Kenn
LBNL