That or the fact that that isn¹t valid RFC compliant URI syntax: try
http://rt/?user=john_doe instead. While some web browsers/servers will fake
it and try to work, most standards compliant ones like lighttp and Apache
aren¹t as forgiving.

On 12/21/09 12:22 PM, "William Graboyes" <william.grabo...@theportalgrp.com>
wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> This is nothing more than an uneducated guess, so take it as a grain of salt,
> Could it possibly have something to do with writing/maintaining the
> cookie/session?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Matt Adams
> <matt.ad...@cypressinteractive.com> wrote:

>> I'm not convinced that the filter value is the config is to blame for
>> this.  It hasn't been changed since the initial installation and
>> everything has been working up until a little while ago.
>>
>> I found out what was causing the problem although I still don't know
>> *why* it is a problem.
>>
>> Someone changed the URL to RT in our wiki to be http://rt?user=john_doe
>> so that the username would be set automatically as per the wiki
>> username.  Seemed like a smart idea since both authenticate against the
>> same LDAP server.  Whenever this URL is used to get to RT the error appears.
>>
>> If I remove ?user=john_doe and log in manually everything works just fine.
>>
>> Does anyone know why this would be?  We're using RT 3.8.5 and
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth 0.08
>>
>> My problem is solved for the time being but it would be nice to know why
>> ?user=john_doe causes problems.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt
>> --
>> Matt Adams
>> Development & Network Services, Cypress Interactive
>> http://cypressinteractive.com, http://edsuite.com

>> Commercial support: sa...@bestpractical.com

> Commercial support: sa...@bestpractical.com

Gary L. Greene, Jr.