Lee, Jeffrey wrote:

I am unsure where to look to change the connect string from my current database to the new oracle database. Any suggestions?

I haven't migrated from Mysql to Oracle but do use Oracle.
If you haven't done so already, run configure with the appropriate settings for Oracle, this is mine: ./configure --with-db-type=Oracle --with-db-dba=system --enable-gd --enable-graphviz --enable-devel-mode --with-web-handler=modperl2 --with-db-database=$ORACLE_SID where $ORACLE_SID is the instance name, sid, of the Oracle database you're connecting to, or the tnsnames alias if its a remote db. Further you'll need to change RT_SiteConfig.pm to use Oracle instead of Mysql.

Set($DatabaseName , '$ORACLE_SID');
Set($DatabaseType , 'Oracle');

This should get going. Please beware that you read the DBD::Oracle README before installing it. If you're environment is not set correctly make test will fail and it won't install.
Also watch the version of DBD::Oracle. Search the archives for more info.

Regards,

Joop

RT Training in Washington DC, USA on Oct 25 & 26 2010
Last one this year -- Learn how to get the most out of RT!