Thank you for your responses... I'm not much of a perl person so the CPAN
module thing is a little new to me. I've put in what I know from it below. As
far as I can tell it is using the CPAN module... is there somewhere I need to
look and see if something is conflicting?

This is what looks right to me:
# cpanm Scalar::Util
Scalar::Util is up to date. (1.23)
#

Kevin Falcone:
> You're using a vendor provided Scalar::Util module that doesn't have the
> function we need.  Install it from cpan or from an up-to-date vendor package
> that doesn't have this bug.
Emmanuel Lacour:
> You're using RH Scalar::Util? Try installing the CPAN version.

Kevin Falcone:
> Don't do this, only copy what you want to change.  Otherwise you miss updates
> to defaults RT_Config.pm and are unable to tell what you've modified from
> stock.

Which is why I've commented out everything I'm not using. I'll be able to tell
what I've changed from stock by what isn't commented out. Note the "# " in the
sed command