Hey Kevin,
        Is Modify Self supposed to grant the Unprivileged user the ability to
change their information?  All I have is the password for them

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-boun...@lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-boun...@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:30 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Unprivileged Users Change password

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 05:20:51PM -0400, Christopher Lasater wrote:
>                   Not sure if this is a bug, but if I have an LDAP user
> imported, they have the
>    option to change their password, while the Privileged Users do not.  This
> is kind of unusual
>    because you can create a local account with one password and your ldap be
> different and you
>    can log in with either.  The only bad side effect with this is that if the
> LDAP account is
>    disabled then they can still access RT with the second password.
>
>    RT 4.0.2

This is actually a property of RT-Authen-ExternalAuth, not RT.
It could hide that field for Unprivileged users, but you may want to just
remove the ModifySelf right from Unprivileged and only grant it to Privileged.

-kevin

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
*  Chicago, IL, USA — September 26 & 27, 2011
*  San Francisco, CA, USA — October 18 & 19, 2011
*  Washington DC, USA — October 31 & November 1, 2011
*  Melbourne VIC, Australia — November 28 & 29, 2011
*  Barcelona, Spain — November 28 & 29, 2011