Just before I go off and start creating some custom fields and scrips,
I wanted to get some opinions and views on how people are handling
viewing of contact details for users.

RT privileges seem to be lacking in this area - essentially what I want
is for helpdesk staff to be able to view things like office and mobile
numbers of unprivileged users (I.E Customers).
Ideally, I need this to be on a queue level or via groups so that a
group of helpdesk users working a particular queue can only see contact
details for the clients related to that queue.

Another desired bit of functionality is allow for modification of client
accounts just for a limited subset of a given helpdesk group so that
they can add and modify contact details of the client account.

All I can see relating to this is the global 'AdminUsers' right, which I
don't really want to give out..

I was thinking maybe a few user custom fields (such as 'mobile') that
are auto-populated via a scrip based on the content of the actual field
and then setting permissions on these fields.

How are other people doing this?

Cheers,
--
Richard Clark
rich...@fohnet.co.uk

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
*  San Francisco, CA, USA — October 18 & 19, 2011
*  Washington DC, USA — October 31 & November 1, 2011
*  Barcelona, Spain — November 28 & 29, 2011