On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 08:52:33AM +0200, Sakhi Hadebe wrote:
> I had some issues with upgrade and decided to reverse everything as it is a
> production system.
>
> What is not clear is that: Should I download the rt4.0.17 package and its
> dependencies and install it manually?

Please keep emails on the mailing list rather than mailing me personally.

You can downgrade packages in Debian using, eg:

apt-get install request-tracker4=<version number>

where version number in this case will be 4.0.7-5+deb7u2.

You might have to explicitly list the other packages such as
rt4-clients, rt4-apache, etc., in such a command line.

You'll also want to check whether any of the database upgrades between
4.0.7 and 4.0.17 are backwards-incompatible; I don't know OTTOMH.

Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Section
IT Services, University of Oxford, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN