I've done something similar with CSS, that may work for you too if you find
either the ID or the class of what you want to make larger.

For example, I made the queue and search area larger in the New Ticket in the
right of the top nav bar via:

#topactions select {width: 13em;}
#topactions input {width: 16em;}

You can add your own CSS in the Admin -> Theme page, but I instead added a
custom CSS file as described at
https://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/customizing/styling_rt.html

Aaron