Hi all, this posts is 3 days in the making and I'm sure its probably a dumb
question and hoping there's a easy clear answer someone can guide me to.

I have RT setup so that when new tickets are posted it now sends out email
alerts to the ticket owner and also to those CC'd via a gmail account.

Got that working by using the following in Exim passwd config:
gmail-smtp.l.google.com:rt.x...@gmail.com:password
*.google.com:rt.x...@gmail.com:password
smtp.gmail.com:rt.x...@gmail.com:password

... However, when a reply is posted via email, how can the reply email be
retrieved and posted back to RT?

Should I use a local email account on the server instead of gmail? Maybe
use r...@mydomain.com? What would be the best, fairly simple and reliable
solution?

I've searched the web for definitive guides on RT email integration, can
you point me to a detailed setup for allowing email notifications and
replies/comments via email?

Thanks much.

hydn