Hello group,

We're using RT for several years now and upgraded recently to RT 4.4
A lot of our tickets involve requests where the owner of the ticket needs to
make some inquiries or put other departments at work.
e.g. As a response to a ticket a new user account has to be created and some
actions like delivering devices (smartphone, laptop) or giving access to
applications has to be done by other departments.

We could manually send out some answers or replies with the involved
departments  in CC:
But, since these are not comments,  by default the requestor gets all the
correspondence as well, e.g. when the department answers that the smartphone is
ready to be picked up.
This is not what we want.

The situation above can be compared with the queue "Investigations" in RTIR
where new tickets are created, linked to the original one, but without
notifying the requestor(s)
Installing RTIR seems like overkill, since this has little or nothing to do
with incidents.

What is the best practice to create a working solution for this problem?
Has anyone done this before? Are there some ready-made contributions that I can
use?
My knowledge of Perl is rather limited, so I could create a scrip but this
should mainly be based on copy-pasting and little adjustments of examples.

Much obliged,
Lieven

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR Training Sessions