Check out perlbrew for a nice easy clean way of installing a independant perl version.

Best Regards

Martin

On 2016-03-15 15:36, Joseph D. Wagner wrote:
If you can upgrade to the latest version of CentOS 7, you'll get perl
5.16.

Joseph D. Wagner

On 2016-03-15 03:06, Boris Epstein wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thanks, I saw that.

I was wondering what the benefits and general experience was of
those who used later versions of Perl 5 or Perl 6 vs 5.10.1. Just
trying to see if it was a worthwhile exercize trying to upgrade -
which on Centos did not seem to be trivial.

Cheers,

Boris.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Peter Viskup <skupko...@gmail.com>