Hello Duncan,

Am 07.05.2016 um 18:47 schrieb Duncan Morgan:
Thanks Bill.
So what you are saying is don't make any configuration changes as far as
file locations and put everything in the doc root?

Isn't /var/www what the Apache server uses as its default DocumentRoot?

I would certainly not recommend that path or any of its subdirectories as an RT installation root - if only to make absolutely sure that you don't expose your configuration that way when somebody manages to access the default VHost.

Instead, I'd move the installation to /opt - i.e. use --prefix=/opt/rt4 or somesuch when running configure.

Then make a separate Apache vHost with

  DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"

That way, accesses to the default vHost of Apache will go to the default pages in /var/www, and the accesses for the web elements of RT will go into a subdirectory of your RT installation.

HTH,
Thomas
--
Just my $0.02