Hi List,

ok, I came finally up with the solution myself and just want to share this.

The problem was the scrip execution order together with the wrong or misleading
solution provided here:

https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/SpamFiltering (1b)

The queue change needs to be done already in the action preparation code (and not in the commit code). This is because all other scrips which meet the transaction condition (in this case "Crate") will be executed no matter what if their preparation code returns a true. For all those auto-notifications on new tickets this is always the case. So when their preparation code is executed the queue must have been changed already, so that their assemblage of all email recipients are based on the new SPAM queue (which has no watchers). Even if so, overwriting all global templates in the SPAM queue with empty local ones would result in empty emails (and this is based again on the queue, so the queue needs to be changed already).

Here is my solution for everyone interested. The commit action is in essence this one: https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/SpamScore2Priority but I found it more convenient to do this all in one scrip.

On Create Check spamassassin score and move to SPAM queue when exceeding
threshold

custom condition:

return 0 unless $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create";
return 0 if $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name eq "SPAM";
return 1;

Custom action preparation code:

 # Match ***** level spam. You might want to set this higher/lower if needed
 my $match = '\*\*\*\*\*';
 my $inMessage = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First;
 return 0 if (!$inMessage);  # if no message attachment - assume web UI
 return 0 if (!$inMessage->GetHeader('Received'));  # exit if not email message

 my $spamLevel = $inMessage->GetHeader('X-Spam-Level');
 my $spam = ( $spamLevel !~ /$match/i ) ? 0 : 1;

 my $stat = undef;
 if ($spam) {

   # set owner to nobody
   $self->TicketObj->SetOwner( $RT::Nobody->id );

   # In any case remove any watchers to this ticket, just to be sure
   $self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'Requestor');
   $self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'Cc');
   $self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'AdminCC');
   $self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'Owner');

   my $newqueue = 'SPAM';

   my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetQueue($newqueue);
   $stat = $status ? 1 : 0;

   # set ticket to stalled
   $self->TicketObj->SetStatus( "stalled" );
   $self->TransactionObj->SetType("Create");
 }

 return $stat;

Custom action commit code:

#convert the spam score to negative priority
my $score =
$self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First->GetHeader('X-Spam-Score');
unless( $score ){
   my $t =
$self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First->GetHeader('X-Spam-Status');
}
$self->TicketObj->SetPriority( -int($score) ) if $score;

return 1;

- Sebastian