Lorraine Johnson wrote:

*  I noticed that mails sent outside rt are not being delivered in the system.
I think my RT- mailgate is not working.  Autopreply messages are also not being
received.

*

*  Kindly help if you have an  idea.

*

*  thank you

You’ve got the function of rt-mailgate backwards – it’s only responsible for
delivering mail to RT; not for sending it. There are many possible causes why
mails supposedly sent by RT are not reaching their intended recipients.

Are you using the local mail system of the box you’re running RT on to deliver
outgoing mail? If so, start by verifying that it is working as intended by
sending mail from the command line. Check the local mail logs to see whether
your mails are getting rejected. If your primary mail hub is on a different
system and you’re using its mail domain, make sure that you’re not getting
rejections because your RT box is not  listed as a trusted sender in your
domain’s SPF policy.

MfG,

Thomas Bätzler

--

BRINGE Informationstechnik GmbH

Zur Seeplatte 12

D-76228 Karlsruhe

Germany

Fon: +49 721 94246-0

Fon: +49 171 5438457

Fax: +49 721 94246-66

Web: http://www.bringe.de/

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Martin Bringe

Ust.Id: DE812936645, HRB 108943 Mannheim