On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 09:26:20 +0200 (CEST)
Thomas Gleixner <t...@linutronix.de> wrote:

> > As suggested by Steven, change the type of RTC value to save trace buffer.

The original code did everything just like the above but stored every
value into ints, I just said that the value could be stored in chars to
save space.

> A single u64 does not take more storage space than this and it's a single
> store.

So to use rtc_tm_to_time64()? Is the work to do the calculations of the
conversion faster than a bunch of stores that are going to be in hot
cache?

-- Steve