...to get the blood flowing!!! :)

"I don't know if I'll ever get tired of football. One time I thought I
might. . . I was out there on the practice field wondering whether football
had passed me by. Then I heard the Million Dollar Band playing over on the
practice field. When they started playing 'Yea, Alabama,' I got goosebumps
all over me. I looked out there and those young rascals in those crimson
jerseys, and I just wanted to thank God for giving me the opportunity to
coach and contribute in some small way at my alma mater and be a part of the
University of Alabama tradition."--Paul Bryant in the late 1970s about
tradition at Alabama

"Coach Bryant always taught us we were special and never to accept being
ordinary. I think that is one thing that has sustained Alabama through the
years. Players with ordinary ability feeling somehow, someway they would
find it within themselves to make a play to help Alabama win a football
game. There is no way to describe the pride an Alabama player feels in
himself and the tradition of the school."--Kenny Stabler on tradition at the
Capstone

When Coach Bryant was asked about the importance of beating Notre Dame he
replied this way: "Sure I'd love to beat Notre Dame, don't get me wrong. But
nothing matters more than beating THAT COW COLLEGE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE
STATE!"

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Rick