Thank you, Sonja. He did dumb thing. When I was at the
Capstone, I did some dumb things,too. I look back now
& wonder how I survived it. I'm not excusing it. All
students who drink large amounts in college does not
equate to them being or becoming alcoholics. It's been
done forever & probably always will be. Does it make
right....certainly not. He should be punished by Coach
Fran & accept the due process of the law, whatever
those consequences may be. I hate it for him, his
family & the team. He's got to be held accountable.
He's not a bad kid, just one who did something dumb &
because of his "position" is being singled out as if
he is the only one who has ever done anything so
irresponsible as this. I am thankful that he wasn't
injured or killed & no one else was involved. That is
something to be thankful for.

How are you by the way? I hope well...ROLL TIDE!!
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Before I start this rant, a little background:
> I was hit by a drunk driver, driving on the wrong
> side of the INTERSTATE in 1990.  I broke 19 bones
> and ended up with more metal in my body that I care
> to think about.  Needless to say, I am not a fan of
> drunk drivers.
>
> However, I remember back when I was in college.  I
> had a few cocktails too.  Actually, I don't know how
> I have a functioning liver today.  I think calling
> someone an alcolohic or perpetuating the rumor that
> they are can only cause harm.
>
> btw...in defending a DUI, arguing the calibration of
> the breathalizer usually works, just due to the fact
> that calibrating the machine is time consuming and
> needs to be done frequently.  Most agencies do not
> calibrate the machines per guidelines.
>
> Bottom line:  If he is guilty, show him no
> preferential treatment.  Even then, we should not
> "label" Mr. Beard as an alcoholic or perpetuate
> anything of the sort.  Only believe half of what you
> see on campus and NONE of what you hear.
>
> <stepping off soapbox>
> ROLL TIDE!
> Sonja
>

> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Date: 2001/11/27 Tue AM 11:59:41 EST
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: [RollTideFan] Judge and jury?
> >

> > Those are probably the most intelligent words I've
> ever seen Slef type. ; )
> >
> > Rumor around campus has it that Beard is quite the
> alcoholic, which is to say
> > for 40% of those on campus. I've heard that he has
> his Tuesday night binges
> > with several friends every week on the Strip.
> >
> > RTR,
> > Leslie
> >

> > In a message dated 11/27/2001 8:56:38 AM Central
> Standard Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >

> > > Slef, did you just do a commercial??? ;-)
> > > How about you do one for drugs next.....o.k.? **
> > >                                  -
> > >

> > > <Slef Opinion>
> > >
> > > If you drink and drive, you're a damnable fool.
> Stop it now!
> > >
> > > If you choose to remain a damnable fool, and get
> caught; *NEVER* submit to a
> > > breathalyzer test. NEVER! A good attorney and
> $4-5k *might* get you a
> > > reduced charge, or charges dropped altogether.
> > >
> > > Blow in the tube and *flunk* (.08 in
> BAMA).......just plead guilty and cut
> > > your losses.
> > >
> > > Best bet is don't drink and drive. Period.
> > >
> > > </Slef Opinion>
> > >
> > > Slef

<HR>
<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT
COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=2><B>
<BR>Those are probably the most intelligent words I've
ever seen Slef type. ; )
<BR>
<BR>Rumor around campus has it that Beard is quite the
alcoholic, which is to say for 40% of those on campus.
I've heard that he has his Tuesday night binges with
several friends every week on the Strip.
<BR>
<BR>RTR,
<BR>Leslie
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>In a message dated 11/27/2001 8:56:38 AM Central