Hugh,

You can set your conditions to judge Watts vs. Zow any way you like,
which is exactly what you are doing here.  You are only considering the
final Win/Loss from Zow's two starts, while narrowing down your look at
Watts to the fourth quarters in games WHERE ALABAMA'S DEFENSE PUT ALABAMA
BEHIND.

Looking at the total picture for Watts and Zow, a knowledgeable football
person would take the consistent Watts over the inconsistent Zow every
time.

Zow looks like Jay Barker one week and Brian Burgdorf the next.  The 31
points he put on the board against Auburn were against a defense that
quit.  Slef or I could have QBed Alabama to 31 points on that day.

bill evans
Hartselle, AL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]