Personally, I think he should have had the chance to tell his side of the
story.
JMO..

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 7:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RollTideFan] FICMP interview

Here's the transcript if you didn't see it.

http://msn.espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/0719/1583088.html

Sunday, July 20, 2003
Price believes SI only got his 'name right'
ESPN.com

Mike Price is still not sure why he was fired at the University of Alabama.

Price, who left Washington State after last season to coach the Crimson
Tide, was fired May 3 by Alabama president Robert Witt after allegations
arose about his conduct at a golf outing in Florida.

He had a seven-year, $10 million contract on the table but didn't sign it
before his termination.

Price has sued Alabama for $20 million, claiming due process was denied, his
civil rights were violated, breach of contract, wrongful termination and
fraud.

He has also sued Time Inc. for $20 million, stating he was defamed by a
Sports Illustrated article about the strip club visit that led to his
ouster.

Price addressed his firing and what happened at the golf outing in this
week's Sunday Conversation. Below is the transcript:

Q: So what happened -- how did we get to this place?