Thanks bamajf...good analysis.

Posted by bamajf on September 21, 2003 at 10:50:33:

As I posted late last night, I think we were lulled into thinking, and we all WANTED to think that this team was going to be just fine despite the turmoil over the past 9 months. I know that I had talked myself into believing that our offense was going to be able to move the ball well despite the fact that it is only a month and a half old. Well the reality of the fact is that this offense will have some bigtime growing pains. It'll look pretty good at times, and it will sputter at times...which is totally normal for an offesne that is VIRTUALLY in it's infancy. CMS is playing with players recruited by Fran and Dubose, for a different kind of offense than CMS is running. Some of our players are just not suited for this offfense. Those players are going to have to be recruited. We need playmaking WR's. Big, FAST WR's. We don't have any. We need a STUD RB that can pound a defense for 4 quarters to loosen it up. I love Shaud to death, but he is simply not that kind of RB. Darby may MATURE into that kind of RB, but he is not now. CMS outcoached? Probably, but did any of us REALLY believe that he would not be outcoached for a while? He's probably going to be outcoached in the future too. We're just going to have to take it until he LEARNS how to be a HC.

Roll Tide! Rick