I keep reading stuff on all the boards to the effect of "if Shula has the
balls to fire Kines"  etc.

What makes you think that he DOES NOT have the balls to fire coaches?  He
already did it when he first got here and told Price's kids and Casey Dunn
to hit the bricks. I don't really think he was too crazy about keeping the
defensive staff, but time was short and it was the wrong time of year to be
building a staff. He also had the gonads to put in his own offense in 3
weeks of fall practice. He could have taken the easy route and kept Price's
playbook, but did not.

I think he'll make changes. He's been in the NFL for 15 years and is used to
dishing out and receiving bad news.

ROLL TIDE!!