http://rolltide.com/Mens%20Basketball/11104.asp

TUSCALOOSA - Thirteen teams that advanced to postseason play in 2004 face the
University of Alabama this season. The Crimson Tide has released its 2004-05 men's
basketball schedule and it includes nine teams that advanced to the NCAA tournament
and four that played in the NIT last season. Another two postseason teams, NCAA
tournament team Washington and NIT team Oklahoma, are possible tournament opponents
for Alabama in Alaska.

"I think this year's schedule is consistent with that last couple of years where we've
tried to play a great non-league schedule that hopefully will help us prepare for the
SEC," said Alabama head coach Mark Gottfried. "I'm excited about the challenges that
we have, which would certainly include going to Alaska and facing the teams that we
could potentially face there, and continuing through November and December with the
other teams we face. It's a great schedule and we've got our work cut out for us."

NCAA tournament teams from 2004 that will come to Tuscaloosa to play the Tide include
Kentucky (February 26), Mississippi State (January 18), South Carolina (February 19),
and East Tennessee State (December 1). Alabama will travel to NCAA Sweet 16 team
Vanderbilt (January 5), Wisconsin (December 29), Florida (February 5), Mississippi
State (January 18), Charlotte (December 4) and Alabama State (December 7).

Teams from the 2004 NIT that will challenge Alabama in 2004-05 include Temple which
will bring its legendary coach, Hall of Fame member John Chaney, to Tuscaloosa on
December 11, Tennessee (in Knoxville on February 9), LSU (twice, in Tuscaloosa on
January 8 and in Baton Rouge on February 22), and Georgia (in Tuscaloosa on January
29).

Alabama will spend Thanksgiving week in Alaska where it will be one of eight teams
vying for the championship of the Great Alaska Shootout. Gathering in Anchorage for
the November 24-27 tournament will be Alabama, 2004 NCAA tournament team Washington,
2004 NIT tournament team Oklahoma, Minnesota, Utah, High Point, Furman and the host
team, Alaska-Anchorage. Alabama opens play in the tournament on November 24 against
Alaska-Anchorage and then will play the winner or loser from the Furman Minnesota game
in the second round.

In addition to playing on the road for its Southeastern Conference slate, Alabama will
take its game to Wisconsin and Charlotte, teams Alabama hosted in Tuscaloosa in 2004.
The non-conference portion of Alabama's schedule also includes a return by Johnny
Jones, an assistant coach on Mark Gottfried's staff during the 2000-01 season. Jones
left Alabama following that season to take the job as head coach at North Texas and
his bringing his team to Coleman Coliseum for a November 21 game.

Alabama will play three exhibition games at home, beginning with the October 30
Crimson and White game which will be an intersquad game at 6 p.m. that will provide
fans with their first glimpse of the Tide that follows its 2004 NCAA Elite Eight team.
Leon Douglas, an All-American who was Alabama's first player to be drafted by the NBA
in the first round in 1976 is in his first season as head coach at Stillman College.
Alabama will play Stillman in a November 10 exhibition game at 7 p.m. And Alabama will
round out its exhibition play against Athletes in Action on November 13.