I heard a blurb on the news that some people were trying to make Thanksgiving a religious holiday & of course someone else was pissed about it. If Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday, what the hell is one? Just exactly who are these people giving thanks to if it isn't God?

Thanksgiving Gratitude

Thanksgiving is a time of gratitude to God,
 Whose love is with us forever

Thanksgiving is a time of changing seasons
 When leaves turn golden
And apples are crisp
 In the chill breezes of fall

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on changes
 Remembering that we too have grown and changed
From one season of life to another

Let us remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving

In the beauty of Autumn, let us acknowledge
 The many blessings which are ours....
Think of our family and friends....
 Share a meal with someone who is hungry....
Call someone who is alone....
 Call someone who is ill....

Pray for our troops and their families
 And do give thanks to God from our hearts