From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On
Behalf Of Jeff Todd
Sent:   Monday, December 27, 2004 3:00 PM
To:     RollTideFan - University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List
Subject:        Re: [RollTideFan] Tubby to stay.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'RollTideFan'" <RTF@RollTideFan.net>
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 2:52 PM
Subject: [RollTideFan] Tubby to stay.

> Tuberville plans to stay put
>
> Thursday, December 23, 2004
> By PHILLIP MARSHALL
> Times Sports Staff [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bullshit. Read the next story below:

====================

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV527TUBE
RVILLE.htm

Tuberville responds to rumors

By Jay G. Tate
Montgomery Advertiser

December 27, 2004

AUBURN -- Coach Tommy Tuberville, currently working out
the details of a new seven-year deal with Auburn, has
emerged as a candidate for the vacancy at LSU.

Those two facts seem mutually exclusive. Or maybe not.

In its Sunday editions, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
cites an unnamed source who said Tuberville's agent,
Memphis-based lawyer Jimmy Sexton, has been given
permission to speak with LSU officials if the school has
interest.

Reached by phone Sunday night, Tuberville said he
remains committed to Auburn but didn't rule out
anything.

"I don't understand how these things keep coming up," he
said. "We're finishing up a contract with Auburn right
now to stay in Auburn for a long time. This is where I
want to be."

Asked if he was interested in the LSU job, Tuberville
said: "I'm interested in Auburn."

Tuberville agreed in principle last week to a seven-year
contract worth approximately $2 million per season. It
includes a generous buyout provision that ensures
Tuberville the financial security he's been seeking
since last fall, when school officials secretly talked
with Louisville coach Bob Petrino about Auburn's top
job.

Richardson and Auburn University attorney Lee Armstrong
still are working out the details of Tuberville's
contract. The coach said Sunday that he expects to see a
first draft this week, then will confer with Sexton
about his next move.

Tuberville and his staff are traveling to New Orleans
today for a Sugar Bowl event. Players report on Tuesday.

In six seasons at Auburn, Tuberville is 50-24. The
Tigers are 12-0 this season and have been ranked No. 3
since early November, which is the team's highest
ranking in 14 years.

Still, this is the first season of Tuberville's
head-coaching career in which his team will finish with
less than four losses. His best seasons before this were
9-4 finishes in 2000 and 2002.

The LSU vacancy was created on Saturday when coach Nick
Saban accepted an offer to guide the NFL's Miami
Dolphins, earning a significant raise on the $2.3
million salary he was drawing in Baton Rouge.

LSU reportedly is interested chiefly in Petrino and
former Cleveland Browns coach Butch Davis, who helped
resurrect the Miami program in the 1990s. Other possible
candidates include Iowa's Kirk Ferentz, California's
Jeff Tedford and LSU offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher.

The school is expected to begin interviewing coaches
this week.

Stewart Slack, chairman of the LSU board of supervisors,
said Sunday night that athletic director Skip Bertman
began preparing for a possible search last week in the
event Saban decided to leave.

"I think the fans would be surprised at how much work
has been done already," said Bertman, who described his
working list as "long" and with "huge" names, but didn't
identify anyone specifically.

Bertman said he already had talked to Saban and
Sexton -- also Saban's agent -- about potential
candidates.