Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: [RollTideFan] Former Tide football coach loses appeal to highcourt over pay

""The contract said Johnson would continue to get his paycheck until he found "comparable employment." Johnson stopped receiving checks from the university later in December 2000, when he accepted the head coaching job at his alma mater, The Citadel, a Division I-AA school. Johnson argued in his lawsuit that The Citadel is not comparable employment to Alabama, one of the most recognized names in college football.

Johnson's salary at Alabama was reportedly about $122,000 a year in 2000. ""

Is it U of A's fault that The CItadel doesn't have as recognizable as a name????
Is it Bama's fault if Johnson took a job paying him less than 122k per????
This is exactly why there needs to be a loser pays court system....it'll stop 99% of these frivilous lawsuits....JVW

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Okay....what a crock!!!!!!!!Ellis didnt do as well at the Citadel as I had hoped...but he deserves better than this...I hope this doesnt jinx anything.