Alabama football ticket shipments delayed

            For Alabama football fans, the anxious wait for their season
football tickets to arrive has just become a few days longer.  Word came late
Thursday that all University of Alabama season tickets, originally to be
shipped on Friday, August 12, would be delayed a few days.

            “Late Thursday afternoon, we were informed by our ticket printing
company in Arkansas that our season ticket shipments were being delayed,” said
Rhoda Vaughn, athletic ticket manager.  “For weeks, we’ve been telling our
customers that August 12th would be the ship date, and until Thursday
afternoon, we had no reason to doubt that.  Needless to say, we were very
disappointed with the news.”

            Vaughn added that similar calls from the Arkansas ticket printing
company were made to several ticket offices across the country, including at
least five schools from the Southeastern Conference.  “It’s certainly no
consolation, but several schools were given the same news regarding their
season tickets,” Vaughn said.  “Obviously, we’ll be following up with our
ticket printing company to identify and address these issues.”

            United Parcel Service (UPS), which is contracted by the Athletic
Ticket Office to ship the season tickets, is also contracted to ship road game
tickets.  “Unlike our season tickets, which are shipped from our ticket
printing company in Arkansas, our road game tickets are shipped from our
offices here on campus, and they’re all ready to go,” Vaughn said.
“However, so that the receipt of season tickets and road game tickets can be
simultaneous, we will hold the road game ticket shipments for a few days until
we’re informed of a new ship date of the season tickets.  Once we get a firm
ship date, we’ll then release the road game ticket shipment so they can enter
the UPS system at the same time and hopefully be delivered to our customers at
the same time.”

            Likewise, UPS is contracted to ship most of the TIDE PRIDE
amenities packages, while some are mailed through the United States Postal
Service.  “The amenities packages that are scheduled to be shipped by UPS are
ready to go,” said Tommy Ford, director of TIDE PRIDE, “but we’re holding
them until we hear word on the season ticket shipment.  It has always been our
preference, as well as UPS’s, for the amenities and the tickets to go out and
be delivered at the same time.  We’ll also delay any amenities packages that
are scheduled to be mailed through the Post Office.”

            Anyone who ordered Alabama single game tickets will be receiving
them earlier via the United States Postal Service.  “Our single game tickets
had already been taken to the Post Office and were already in the mail
system,” Vaughn said.  “The mailing of those could not be delayed, so
they’ll be delivered earlier than the other items.”

Vaughn said that the Ticket Office hopes to hear by Monday when the season
tickets will be shipped.  “Despite the delay, season tickets will arrive to
our customers in plenty of time for our home opener on September 3rd.”

When your tickets are shipped, you will receive an email shipping notification.
This notification will include your tracking number link which will allow you
to easily track your package.