原始邮件

发件人:JeffreyHaas <jh...@pfrc.org>
收件人:肖敏10093570;
抄送人:rtg-bfd@ietf.org <rtg-bfd@ietf.org>;
日 期 :2019年09月12日 00:52
主 题 :Re: BFD Echo mode coverage in BFD for VXLAN

Xiam Min,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:01:11PM +0800, xiao.m...@zte.com.cn wrote:
> From my personal perspective, I don't think we should require BFD for
> VxLAN to support Echo mode, because as I know, although the final standard
> is still on the way, many vendors including my company have already
> implemented BFD for VxLAN, and it seems that works fine, there is no
> request from them on Echo mode, which in my view is a lightweight BFD tool
> used to substitute a relatively more complex BFD implementation.

Thanks for your commentary.

Also, as an implementor, does your implementation's bootstrapping for BFD
sessions follow the text that is in the current version of the
internet-draft?  There is some continuing debate holding up last call
comments on this point.

-- Jeff