Hi Jeff,

Please see inline...

Original

From: JeffTantsura <jefftant.i...@gmail.com>
To: 肖敏10093570;
Cc: Abhinav Srivastava <absri...@gmail.com>;alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com
<alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com>;rtg-bfd@ietf.org <rtg-bfd@ietf.org>;
Date: 2023年03月27日 00:28
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Can a BFD session change its source port to facilitate
auto recovery

Hi Xiao,

please see inline

On Mar 24, 2023, at 5:43 PM, <xiao.m...@zte.com.cn> <xiao.m...@zte.com.cn>
wrote:

Jeff,

Please see inline...

[jeff] the number of p2p connections between 2 directly attached IP end-points
is rarely larger than 32 (either LAG or ECMP), SH BFD sessions are distributed
across the path traversed and coherency between IP connectivity matrix and BFD
sessions between any given pair of directly connected IP end-points can easily
be guaranteed, end2end (MH BFD) is between non directly attached end-points and
is subject to network topology and routing, and has to be re-evaluated on any
change.
INT doesn’t really help here, hashing decisions are local, any changes (local
or global) might change the hashing results, unless you build a full mesh of
source routed paths… but then, why BFD at all, you could use INT only instead,
take a look at HPCC draft

[XM]>>> I think it depends. I know that in some networks the hashing algo is
common on all network nodes, so the hashing results are predictable.

[jeff] how did we get to SR here? If you have got a strict source routed path,
you only need to validate that path, if it is loose however, same issues

[XM]>>> Jump thinking, sorry about that. :) Just to argue that MH BFD can be
used beyond reachability.

Best Regards,

Xiao Min