Yingzhen,
Lots of thanks for conveying this meeting and for a very accurate summary.

Regards,
Sasha

From: rtgwg <rtgwg-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Yingzhen Qu
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2023 11:05 AM
To: RTGWG <rtgwg@ietf.org>; rtgwg-chairs <rtgwg-cha...@ietf.org>;
spr...@ietf.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Summary of the side meeting on TI-LFA

Also sending the email to SPRING WG in case people are interested.

Hi,

We had a very productive discussion during the side meeting, and the review
comments and open issues have been addressed.

Outcome of the discussion:
It’s important for the draft to clarify that with ti-lfa, when IGP starts to
reconverge, there is still a possibility for micro-loops. So customers should
be advised to deploy some micro-loop protection mechanisms to prevent traffic
loss.

Action items for authors of the ti-lfa draft:
•  To include text from RFC7490 second paragraph of section 10
•  To include the text summary in the email thread
•  Change the text in section 6.1 from node to link

Next steps:
After the draft is updated to address the open issues, Gyan Mishra will update
the OPS Directorate review, and the RTGWG WG Chairs will start the WGLC of this
draft.

If I’m missing something, please let me know or reply to this thread.

Thanks,
Yingzhen

Disclaimer

This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon
Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or
distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.