On Mon, 22 May 2000, Tim Liu wrote:
> On Fri, 19 May 2000, [BIG5] N-Liu/Tim  (?  ?  INC) wrote:
> > Hi all . i want to get some information about the scheduling algorithm
> > about EDF or RM . is there some guy can help me ?
> > thanks in advance .
> >I'm not sure what you want to know?
> >Do you want information about the EDF and RM scheduling algorithms
> >or do want to have information about the edf-scheduler, implemented
> >by Ismael Ripoll for version 1.0 of RTLinux, and the rm-scheduler,
> >implemented by Oleg Subbotin also for veriosn 1.0?
>   thanks for reply , i want some papers that describe the EDF and RM
>  where to find it ?

First of all, sorry for the time this reply took. Neither one of
us have had any time reading the list due to too much work. Sorry.

The reference paper on EDF and RM scheduling is the landmark paper
by Liu & Layland:

C. L. Liu and J. W. Layland. Scheduling algorithms for multiprogramming in a
hard-real-time environment. Journal of the ACM, 1(20):46--61, January 1973

But it's quite hard to come by these days so looking in collections from
IEEE or reading a book on the subject will be sufficient.

I know a collection from IEEE edited by John A. Stankovic and Krithi
Ramamritham that includes the paper and an excellent book by Giorgio
Buttazzo, called Hard Real-Time Computing systems, that goes into
great depth on the subject. I can truly recommend it:

http://www.wkap.nl/book.htm/0-7923-9994-3

A good, but somewhat old, state of the art report by Ramamritham and
Stankovic from -94 is, I guess, a good starting point. Considering that
it's available on the web (as well as a ton of good examples, which can
be easily retrieved by a search on www.google.com).

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/ramamritham94scheduling.html

Regards
 /Joachim Nilsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Real-Time Linux Thesis Work - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.vmlinux.org/rtl/