Hi,

Getting back to RTLinux after a long-ish absence.  I have some
sort-of-FAQ-ish questions but wasn't easily able to find answers on the
list.

I'm running RedHat 6.2 and was able to apply the rtlinux-2.2 patches to
a copy of their 2.2.16-3 kernel sources with a couple of rejections which
I put in by hand.  Should I be doing this?  The 2.3-pre and 3.0 beta
patches apply to this kernel with no rejections, and there are quite a few
fewer of them, so they seem safer, but I am unsure.  This is for a
production environment.

On a related note (hence the post to two groups) the version of rt_com
included with RTLinux doesn't seem to have tracked the changes which
Jochen Kuepper has made recently.  OTOH, there is a set of changes made by
Michael Barabanov which are on the To-Do list over at
rt-com.sourceforge.net (POSIX IO bindings, SMP-safe) which haven't been
put in the main development tree.  I've not been able to build rt_com
0.5.3 (Jochen's latest version) to work properly with rtlinux 2.2 or 2.3
or 3.0 beta.

So, what is the advice from out there?

Thanks for listening.

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge