Even though some of your points are quite interesting, to me the real question
is whether the RT subsystem should decide a policy or provide a capability. From
what I see, some think that rt-mem-management is a bad policy, whereas others
think that rt-mem-management is a very interesting capability.

Given the applications of RT systems and the underlying responsibilities of
their designers, both legal and moral, the system designers better know what
they are doing. This we will surely agree on. In that sense, there should be
very strict policies regarding possible behavior when designing and RT-based
system. That said, I'm not sure that limiting the capabilities of an RT system
designer will help make him/her a responsible human-being. Actually, it is likely
that if he/she feels limited, he/she will attempt to bypass/hack the current
capabilities to obtain the results he/she desires. In fact, chances are that
by providing a capability that has been designed and implemented by pros will
make RTL-systems safer since even though the designer might be inexperienced/
irresponsible, the system will know better.

To sum up, I assume we all are mature adults. Nobody needs to be told how
he/she should or should not design/program. Given the lead of an RTL-based system
that has rt-mem-management capability, I would very likely set a policy by which
rt-mem-management usage would require __Pontifical__ approval, but I'd nonetheless
appreciate the fact that it's available just in case ...

My 2 cents