> Hi,
>      This is in continuation with yesterdays question about using
> standard  c library header files in rt linux modules. After  checking
> from web i came to know that for string functions  we can include
> <linux/string.h> if we are building kernel module.
>      The problem is, i have an application  library which , i suppose
> was built including the normal <string.h> .Most of the  memcpy and such
> other functions are inlined as per the header files..
>     so when i use this application library, i am  getting unresolved
> symbol errors  upon trying to load.  if i link with the standard library
>  "libc" i am getting  some exceptions  while running. Is ther e any work
> around for this problem.

you can't use dynamikally linked libraries in kernel modules at all
if you want to use standard libs then you MUST link in the statically
linked libs. Alos if you use the regular string functions even with
a statically linked libc.a (bad idea any way) then you will have problems
as some standard string functions dynamically allocate memory with a call
to malloc which will not work in rt-context. You will have to replace
the functions by save variants (the kernel variants are safe).

hofrat